So, not ALL club activities are suspended...
We’re all itching to get outside and get a break from Zwift. Here’s a challenge we can all do solo!
Here’s the idea…A road ride that you can do solo that isn’t a TT, and something that is a bit long for TT specialists. We’ll post a Strava route with a deadline date so that we can report results and then plan another event.
The ground rules:
1. No groups. Must be ridden solo.
2. No outside support.
3. Must be ridden on a road or gravel bike, no TT bikes or e-bikes! There is no limitation on equipment if it is legal for a mass start event.
4. It’s a Fondo format, so you must obey all traffic laws.
5. The ride is self-supported. You are not allowed to have a support vehicle.
6. The route will be on open roads with no marshals or club representation.
7. Appropriate social distancing must be maintained.
8. Do not attempt to organize staggered starts, minute men or rabbits. You must do this on your own and not in conjunction with any other club or non-club rider.*
*Incidental meetups on the road will likely occur, but there must be no drafting or sustained pacing. You must do this solo! Please let’s all just follow the honor rule.
Results will be based on lowest overall time with special rewards (like primes) for KOMs on announced segments. So, strategy here is different…you may want to choose a calm day, or days that have winds favorable to you…that’s part of the game.
To participate, you must be a current member of the Genesee Valley Cycling Club.
THE STRAVA ROUTE FOR THIS EVENT WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE GVCC FACEBOOK PAGE BY 5:00 PM ET TODAY, APRIL 7TH.