What's the G-Tour?
The G-Tour is the GVCC's weekly road training series running from April - September. It is a series of Club Training Events and the events are not eligible for USAC category upgrades. Events are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays on a variety of courses south of the city of Rochester and north of routes 5 &20. Distances vary from 20 to 45 miles depending on the time of the year and available daylight. Start time is 6pm. You must be a GVCC member or guest member to participate in the G-Tour.
If you are new to competitive cycling check out this page. We recognize joining a new group and trying a new competitive sport can be intimidating to some. Keep in mind all of us started as beginners!
New riders to the G-Tour (in any category) should make sure their GVCC membership has been submitted at least one week prior to their 1st G-Tour event ridden.
The full schedule is available Here.
The marshall schedule is Here.
Course Maps can be found Here.
All results will be available Here.
The Approved Rider List is Here.
And all racers/riders must be on the approved rider list to participate in the G-Tour.
Riders are separated into groups:
- A’s (USAC Category 1, 2 & 3 licensed riders)
- B’s (USAC Category 4 & 5 licensed riders and non-licensed beginners)
- C's - if the numbers warrant it, for 2023 we will offer a C group for Novice riders.
- Riders should ride in the A group if they are USAC 1, 2, or 3. Ride in the B group if 4 or 5 or a beginner.
- Upgrades from B group to A group are allowed either at the time of Cat 4 to Cat 3 USAC upgrade or at the Race Director's discretion with consideration to performance in past G-tour events or otherwise demonstrated competitive cycling experience.
- In season downgrades from A to B are permitted for those riders who request it. We ask that you are mindful of having a material impact on any pre-existing point battles in the B group.
- If/when dropped during an event, A group riders can ride with the B group on the back, but may not compete with or otherwise affect the B group.
- You do not need to hold an active USAC license to participate in the GVCC however it is encouraged.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The courses are open to vehicular traffic and riders must stay to the right of the centerline of the road "yellow line rule" at all times including corners. Failure to comply with the yellow line rule will result in membership suspension.
Corner Marshals are used to add safety, but please note that the marshals are not stopping cars, they are stopping the riders. As a full GVCC member, you must marshal twice per year. When marshaling, you will wear an orange safety vest and have a directional flag. If you have questions about how to marshall ask the Race Director.
The marshal dates that a member selected are his/her responsibility. If a person can not marshal the event, it is their responsibility to find a replacement. Members who fail to fulfill their marshaling duty will have their membership suspended.
Note that courses sometimes change due to road construction. Always check the website schedule, or follow us on twitter for the most recent updates.
Road Events: start at 6:00PM sharp. Sign in at 5:50PM. Prior to the start the Race Director will announce the details of the evening's event. This includes # of laps and any primes.
Individual TTs and TTTs : First rider/team off at 6:30PM, Sign in at 6:00PM
Riders must be on the Approved Rider List in order to participate.
Note that no membership applications are accepted at G-Tour events. Please be sure to complete the membership process a week before your first event.
GVCC will honor the top riders at the GVCC Awards Banquet held in the fall.
Overall: Sum of all road, ITT, and prime points
- A: Top 5 places
- B: Top 5 places
Road: Sum of all road points
- A: Top 3 places
- B: Top 3 places
Primes: Sum of all prime points
- A: 1st place
- B: 1st place
TT: Sum of all Individual TT points
- A: Top 3 places
- B: Top 3 places
All of the above subject to change.